Tuesday, February 21, 2006

It has been almost a month since I last posted. I have been bad, very, very bad. I'm sorry Mom. You and I seem to be the only ones who care if anyone posts or not. I still check the site and have loved that Jonathan and Andrew posted. Even if they were short and sweet. I haven't posted because my life seems so routine and boring these days. Yesterday the kids had the day off of school and it made me dread the coming summertime. They were acting like they had been bored for days on end and were just picking at each other all day. We even went to Turtle Park, the Zoo and met Dad for lunch at his school. Granted the trips to Turtle Park and the Zoo were very short due to the 32 degree weather. We had to get out but the weather just wouldn't let us stay for long. I am so ready for warm weather. I would take the humidity and heat over this any day. I just about cried when I heard you had almost hit 90 degrees in the great AZ. We had a high of 17 two days ago and still no snow. This place is rotten when it comes to weather. I can't believe Colin likes it.
I am facing the big 30 birthday next week and it is freaking me out. I don't know why. 30 year olds are supposed to be all grown up and settled in life. I think I have multiple new wrinkles appearing just over the stress of getting older. That can't be good. Mom was 30 when she had me. I don't know why that is weird to me but it is.
Alan is doing well in school. People keep asking me if he still likes what he is doing. You must be worried that he has gone through all of this and is going to hate it when he is done. Well, rest assured that he loves orthodonitics but just hates the school part of it. He says often that he thinks he is going to have the best career in the world. He is constantly frustrated with his immature classmates that love to make innapropriate comments and are constantly doing rude things. His class is becoming known as the rude ones. That makes him absolutely crazy. If Alan is anything it is respectful to professors and fellow classmates.
Mark is doing much better in school. He works hard and gets a "good" rating most days. He got a note home saying that he was doing the right thing when everyone else was choosing otherwise. This is a huge thing for him. He even got a "super" rating the other day. I think he is finally adjusted here and is feeling good about himself. It sure makes our life a little easier. He is taking piano lessons and loves to practice. He is so proud of himself when he gets a song memorized and can play it perfectly. He played "Yankee Doodle" for his music class in school last week and couldn't wait to tell me about it when he got home.
Bradley and Eleanor are fine. Ellie is much happier lately unless she gets tired and then she is pure rotten. She cannot deal with little sleep just like me. She is getting quite good at saying innapropriate things at the innapropriate time. She loves to tell the handicapped grocery bagger that he talks funny or say "shake your booty" during sharing time any number of different things that emabarass me and she thinks are very funny. Luke is weaning right now and is not loving it. I am trying to get him to take formula/milk from a sippie cup and he is refusing. We are down to one nursing a day but he can't be getting anything from it. He is as adorable as ever and is even finally making attempts at walking. The kids think he will magically be able to walk perfectly on his first birthday in less than two weeks. Ah, the dissapointments of childhood. I need to run and pick up Bradley from kindergarten. Happy day to all. We miss everyone.
Love ya--Amy

No comments: