
Can anyone answer a question about Harry Potter? In the 5th book we are intruduced to Thestrals, right. Well according to Hagrid and Hermione, the only way you can see the horse-like creatures is to have seen death. Ms. Rowling made it clear that Harry could not see these animals until after witnessing Cedric Diggory's death. My question is did Harry witness his mother's death as a child? In the presence of dementors Harry is reminded of the last few pleading words of his mother before You-Know-Who tried to kill him. I would think that this would qualify Harry as a witness to death, but I could be wrong.

We are excited for Granny and Herb to be down in the Valley. Also, I can't wait to introduce Lindsay to Jonathan and to meet their little boy. It is an awful disappointment, though that we won't be able to see Kari too.
Maraming salamat sa inyong lahat na nagbasa ng sulat ko. Sana, meroong magco-comment dito. Ayaw ko kapag walang bagong sulat, kaya ito na nga!
4 comments:
Your Harry Potter question is way over my level of enjoyment of the book. I just can't bring myself to ponder it quite that much. We are reading the Narnia series as a family and absolutely loving them. We want to read the first three before we see the movie. The picture of you surfing just looks like a whole lot of water. Are there waves over two feet there? Is that when you were in Hawaii? I am still so jealous. Translation please for the last paragraph. You have to post in English unless you are going to translate. I forgot that you speak Tagalog. Very cool.--Amy
That is pretty cool you guys are reading Narnia. I read them for the first time this past year and only have the last 2 left. In the picture, I am the white spot in the upper left hand corner, right underneath the wave splashing against the wall.
If you want to know what I wrote in Tagalog, you can find dictionaries online. Whoever figures it out first, I will buy them a movie ticket (or take them to the movies the next time they are in the valley).
My very poor attempt at translating your statement...
Thank you to everyone who is writing to the blog. I hope you will now comment on my post. I refuse to write agian until you comment or post. Or something like that. Several of the words you used came up as no known definition or they did not exist. Are you just pretending to be able to write in Tagalog?--Amy
Amy, you got the first two sentences close enough. I figure that is good enough for one movie pass.
The last two sentences are the hardest. One movie pass is now available for each sentence!! Don't wait, ask your Filipino friends today!
Post a Comment