Tuesday, January 24, 2006
Beauty Queen? Highly unlikely.
I have been feeling like Eleanor and I needed to do something fun that was just for girls so when I saw the email for the Beautiful Baby (newborn to age 6) contest I signed her up. We got to go shopping and buy a new outfit and then spend half a day at the mall playing on the playground, eating, spending time together and then walk across a stage together. Eleanor being who she is made it quite difficult to get her to wear the new outfit and get her hair done and to actually walk across the stage. We had lots of fun playing on the playground and picking out gumballs and even riding on the carousel. When it came time to walk across the stage we were laughing and having fun (you practically have to trick her into doing anything that is not her idea). We went on stage and she immediately stuck out her tongue at the judges and giggled the entire 45 seconds we were up there. Everyone laughed. All I could do is smile and know that I could not expect anything different. She ended up getting second place to a little girl that was very poised and smiled and waved like a beauty queen. We did end up having a fun time and she got a trophy. Everyone ended up a winner in the contest. It was the first and probably the last of our beauty queen days. We do have the option of sending her to the state pageant where she would have eight different costume changes and need to submit four different pictures (headshot, full body, her advertising some product, and a snapshot), and I would need to go out and get sponsors and sell advertinsing pages for the program and it would only cost us about $1000 to have her ready. Sounds absolutely ridiculous and not up our alley. We are quite content to have had a nice day together. She will always be our little beauty and our little stinker.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment