Miriam really, really wants to come to Phoenix for Christmas. Either that, or I have bad breath. She has been picking up so many shifts, that we get one or two evenings a week together. Her co-workers all speak very highly of her and look forward to shifts where they will work together. I picked up some altoids, so if nothing changes in her schedule, we will soon know if it is because she misses her family and does not want to be the "weekest link" that prevents a complete family picture. We checked prices, and though it is expensive, there is great probability that we would fly in on Christmas day. Here's hoping!
It has been fantastic to spend so much time with the boys--even if my homework has suffered a very little bit. Yesterday, Mateo was invited to a birthday party for one of the boys in morning kindergarten. Mateo is in afternoon kindergarten. I thought maybe the invitation was placed by mistake, but Mateo seems to know the boy, and nobody noticed us as encroachers. It is funny being back in my home town; at least six of the eight parents went to highschool with either my older or my younger siblings. It is all very nostalgic.
Another great part of being here is working as an adult with all of the leaders who taught me as a child. Next Sunday, Miriam and I are speaking in sacrament meeting. The next week I get to teach gospel doctrine. We are working hard as ward missionaries, and I am taking a family history class at the institute, so lots of opportunities to serve!
Sunday, September 16, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment