Wednesday, July 12, 2006

Aaron and Jennifer's trip #2






We went Venice, Florence, Pisa and Rome while we were in Italy. Italy in one week calls for a lot of walking and hustling. We spent 2 days in Venice, 2 days in Florence, 1/2 a day in Pisa, and 4 days in Rome. I enjoyed Rome because there were not as many art museums and more historical things to see. We went to the colleseum, Pantheon, Trevi fountain, the Spanish steps, the ruins of the Roman Forum , the Vatican, the catacombs, and a few museums while we were in Rome. We also took a Bernini walk arounf Rome. He is a famous sculptor that has dozens and dozens of fountains and statues all over Rome. If you read Dan Brown's Angles and Demons book you know what I am talking about. It makes you realize just how young our country is when you see all the other history in other places in the world. We also learned the meaning of "It's a dry heat". We were outside all week and it was only in the mid to high 90's but the humidity added a new element.

I am not sure why some of these pictures showed up twice sorry.

1 comment:

Amy Petersen Coaching said...

OK I am thoroughly jealous. What must it be like to travel like that and to be completely childless? You guys sure are living the life. I'm glad you had such a fantastic time. Amy