Saturday, December 03, 2005

Incredible Generosity

I don't know if you have heard that we get to come home for Christmas after all. Matt and Mindy decided to be way too generous and scholarship us plane tickets. We tried and tried to say no we cannot accept, but they wouldn't take no for an answer. They finally said it would be a down payment on future orthodontic treatment and we found a pretty smokin deal on a little tiny airline that only flys to Vegas from here, so we very excitedly accepted. We will rent a car and drive the rest of the way. The trip is going to end up taking about as long as our drive from San Fran used to be. Something we were very used to. Thank you, thank you, thank you Matt and Mindy. It is a gift that we will never forget. Too bad I had already completely decorated the house. It took a good day and a half and it will be enjoyed for the next two weeks. We are leaving here the evening of the sixteenth and will arrive there early Saturday morning the seventeenth and then we leave the first of January. We can't wait to see everyone especially to meet little Allison for the first time.
There is no snow here yet Lindsay. It has snowed a couple of times but it melts within hours and there isn't enough to actually go play in. The bundling up of everyone is getting to be quite a pain. Especially since we go outside for such short periods of time. When I think we will just be cold and not put on all the hats, gloves, jackets or scarves we always regret it and come in very red and hurting. Yikes. Mom you are so right to be a desert rat. I can't wait to join you again.
Thanks again Matt and Mindy!--Amy

2 comments:

Amy Petersen Coaching said...

I forgot to add that we are keeping the trip a secret from the kids. It will be their main gift and we want to surprise them. So mums the word!--Amy

Peter and Lindsay said...

That is so great you guys get to come! I'll buy the pork roast, when is the smoke-out?!