Tuesday, August 07, 2007

We give BlueGrass a whole new meaning

As the truck's gate was finally rolled down, a dust storm was just rolling in, so our departure from sunny Arizona was--to Mom's joy--delayed for a couple of hours. After the shedding of many tears, we mounted up and pulled out of town. The governor on the U-haul kept me below 70, which is good because the truck speed on all major highways in Arizona, Utah, and Idaho is 65! After very little sleep in Flagstaff, we made a long haul to Lehi where we spent a lovely evening visiting with Andrew, Shannon, Jonathan, and Keri. Arising at the crack of ten, we were on the road for the longest time to travel between Salt Lake and Boise in history...EVER...including Lewis and Clark! There was construction at at least four separate locations, two grass fires, and one major car accident. Also, there were two potty breaks and one lunch break. 9 hours later, we pulled up to our new home and began to unpack.

It has been a lot of fun so far as we have begun to get involved in a new ward (callings are probably coming this week). It is still a little strange to sing the hymns in English again. The Nielsen clan is at least as crazy as we remember them; so far there has only been one offense taken and no serious injuries. All four of us have had strep throat in the last week, so things have been a little lethargic. Just before we all got sick, we spent four days in the mountains near Crouch (almost two hours north of Boise). I fished every day, even trying my hand at fly fishing which, with a lot of pracitce, I could be very good at. Since I had to get an out of state license, it cost me $80.00, so to make the expense worth it, I am sure I will be getting a lot of practice! When I get my camera back, I will regail you with more fish tales.

Miriam took a part time job as a Psych Tech at a mental health hospital. In the words of my social worker sister, she basically babysits crazy people. Working two shifts a week, she should make more than enough to get us back to Arizona in a year. Because she will be working nights, the boys will hardly know she is gone. Such a blessing.

We are looking forward to a visit from Mom and Rieko this weekend. I will try to keep you posted of any other major occurances

MMMMNielsen

1 comment:

Peter and Lindsay said...

It was so good to hear from you guys! We are so glad that you're all doing well. We miss you a ton! Just remember that we expect at least one post a week! And pictures at least every other week!

Love,
Peter, Lindsay, Angel and Manny